A Muscle Car Research Exclusive!
Muscle Car Research is proud to offer a brand new reproduction of the C8AZ-7347-B lower steering column tube bearing that was used to stabilize the lower end of the steering column on several Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles. Applications include:
- 1968 Ford Mustang and Mercury Cougar (car line F)
- 1968 Ford Galaxie and LTD, full-sized Mercury (car line A)
- 1968 Ford Fairlane and Torino (car line B)
- 1968 Ford Falcon (car line X)
- 1968 Ford Thunderbird (car line S)
- 1968 Mercury Comet and Montego (car line C)
- 1968 Mercury Meteor (car line Y)
- 1968 Lincoln Continental (car line D)
- 1969 Lincoln Mark III (assembled before July 21, 1968)
Some editions of the Ford Master Parts Catalog describe a slightly different C8AZ-7347-C bearing for some of these vehicles assembled with an automatic transmission after March 15, 1968. The C8AZ-B bearing eventually replaced the C8AZ-C bearing in those applications, too. Please check your service part references to confirm.
Here's what the reproduction part (left) looks like when compared to an original C8AZ-B bearing (click on the picture for a larger version):
The original C8AZ-B bearing and our new reproduction are both made from nylon 6/6. Our reproduction part is missing two details that allows you to distinguish it from an original part. If you look at the bottom of an original bearing you can see six circular mold marks and the letters "S" and "B". Our part is missing these marks.
Dealer inquiries are welcome - please contact us for pricing.